Tier 3 Mitigation Update
On Tuesday, November 17, the State of Illinois announced that Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations will take effect statewide on Friday, November 20 at 12:01 am. With this new set of guidelines, there will be some changes in the Health and Fitness Center operations.
To keep you safe, the Health & Fitness Center will be operating at 25% capacity, a maximum of 49 people at any given time.
If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please reach out to us at 847-465-2943.
In order to complete more frequent and deeper nightly cleaning to equipment and surfaces, the hours of operation have been adjusted. We will re-evaluate and make needed changes based on facility demands.
- Monday – Thursday 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Access to Facility
All Health & Fitness Center guests will enter through the southeast entrance (door #25) of the Community Recreation Center. All other areas of the Community Recreation Center are closed to the public.
- Face coverings must be worn at ALL times while in the facility, including while exercising. If you need a “mask break” please step outside. Anyone not wearing a mask will be asked to leave the facility immediately.
- Arrive at the facility dressed in workout attire.
- Locker rooms will be open for restroom and hand washing only.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Only water bottle fillers will be available for use.
- A limited number of storage cubbies will be available for use on the fitness floor.
- Staff will actively keep track of how many people are on the fitness floor to ensure we are operating at a maximum of 25% capacity at any given time.
- Lobby, seating areas and vending machines will not be available.
- When using the stairway, always stay to your right to allow for social distancing. Please, avoid stopping or blocking the stairway.
Working Out Safely
- Clean and sanitize equipment (e.g., weights, treadmills, any equipment used outdoors) before and after use.
- Maintain 6-ft. of distance during exercise.
- Please note that we have removed or decommissioned equipment to allow for 6-ft. of social distancing between individuals. We have also reconfigured designated workout spaces in the free weight area to allow for 6-ft. social distancing.
- All indoor group exercise classes are suspended. However, our staff is working on some alternative options and will be communicating those plans next week.
- Open Gym and the Indoor Walking Track will not be available until further notice.
- The Indoor Pool will remain open for lap swim only. Advanced reservations will continue to be required.
- Personal Training will continue to be available by appointment. If you prefer to train in a private room, that option is available.
- Massage Therapy is available by appointment only.
Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through email and our social media channels. Please make sure that we have your correct email on file.
COVID-19 Self Screening
Please DO NOT come to the Health & Fitness Center if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Loss or decrease in the sense of smell
- Loss or decrease of the sense of taste
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like body aches
- Fever – temperature of 100 or higher
- Cough and/or congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19.
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19.
- Being within 6-ft. of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19.
- Stay home and protect other participants and staff. Wait to return until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared OR since the last exposure to COVID-19.
Face Coverings Required
- You must wear a face covering over your nose and mouth whenever not exercising. This includes walking into the facility, through all common areas, and walking to your piece of equipment. Face coverings are not required while you are working out, but are recommended by the DCEO.
- You must clean your equipment before and after your workout.
Be a good neighbor. With everyone following the guidelines and rules set forth, we are able to provide a safe and fun fitness experience.
- Staff are required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff were required to participate in a District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training and job specific safety training prior to returning to work.
- All employees are required to wear masks
Extra Enforcement of Hygiene
- Staff are increasing the frequency of their hand washing and disinfecting of common touch points.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations available at high touch areas, when you enter the Health & Fitness Center and also throughout the fitness floor.
- Foot-pulls have been installed on restroom doors to eliminate the touch point of door handles.
Facility Cleaning Protocols
- Staff is following cleaning protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation, and protective measures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises will be conducted in compliance with CDC protocols.
- A detailed plan, specific to the Health & Fitness Center, has been developed with detailed disinfecting procedures for each room and the items within.
- Common areas and surfaces that are touched by multiple people will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Equipment wipe stations have been set up and spray bottles and towel stations will also be available.
- Machines and high touch point areas will be disinfected regularly.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
We care about your health! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in suspension of your privileges until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time.