We are happy to announce that starting Monday, July 6, we will reopen the Wheeling Health & Fitness Center. We are excited to have you back with us again and provide a safe fitness experience for everyone!
To keep you safe, the Health & Fitness Center will be operating at 50% capacity and you will be admitted on a first come, first served basis. We project that we can accommodate all our members.
Please take a few minutes to review the information below to better understand our efforts, your responsibilities, and what to expect from your Health and Fitness Center experience.
If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please reach out to us at 847-465-2943.
All memberships will be reactivated July 6.
- For paid-in-full members, your membership will be extended for any time you have paid and that the facility was closed.
- For members with monthly memberships, your billing will resume in August. Auto debits will be on the first business day of each month. You will not be billed for July.
We understand that you may not be prepared to return to the Health & Fitness Center at this time. You have the option of putting your membership on hold or cancelling altogether. Please email email@example.com or call 847-465-2943 to do either.
Temporary Facility Hours
In order to complete more frequent and deeper nightly cleaning to equipment and surfaces, the hours of operation have been adjusted. We will re-evaluate and make needed changes based on facility demands.
- Monday – Thursday 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Access to Facility
All Health & Fitness Center guests will enter through the southeast entrance (door #25) of the Community Recreation Center. All other areas of the Community Recreation Center are closed to the public.
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in all areas of the facility whenever you are not exercising. You may wear a mask when you exercise if you prefer.
- Arrive at the facility dressed in workout attire.
- Locker rooms will be open for restroom and hand washing only.
- Showers and lockers WILL NOT be available until further notice.
- Please bring your own water bottle. Only water bottle fillers will be available for use.
- A limited number of storage cubbies will be available for use on the fitness floor.
- Staff will actively keep track of how many people are on the fitness floor to ensure we are operating at a maximum of 50% capacity at any given time.
- Lobby, seating areas and vending machines will not be available.
- When using the stairway, always stay to your right to allow for social distancing. Please, avoid stopping or blocking the stairway.
Working Out Safely
- Clean and sanitize equipment (e.g., weights, treadmills, any equipment used outdoors) before and after use.
- Maintain 6-ft. of distance during exercise.
- Please note that we have removed or decommissioned equipment to allow for 6-ft. of social distancing between individuals. We have also reconfigured designated workout spaces in the free weight area to allow for 6-ft. social distancing.
- Initially, a limited number of group exercise classes will be available. Classes may be added depending on usage and demand.
- Classes will be held in Rooms 106, 207 and Gym #2.
- To ensure capacity limits are maintained we have set up a reservation system with limited number of spots per class. Please click here or call 847-465-2943 to reserve your spot.
- Online reservations can be made 7 days in advance, beginning Thursday, July 2.
- We reserve the right to implement a penalty for guests who register for classes and do not cancel ahead of time, or are a “no show”.
- Towel service will be available.
- Open Gym, the Indoor Pool, and the Indoor Walking Track will not be available until further notice. We encourage you to utilize the walking path at Heritage Park if you want a place to walk.
Schedules and guidelines are subject to change at any time. We will do our best to update you through email and our social media channels. Please make sure that we have your correct email on file.
COVID-19 Self Screening
Please DO NOT come to the Health & Fitness Center if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or you have been exposed to COVID-19
- Loss or decrease in the sense of smell
- Loss or decrease of the sense of taste
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like body aches
- Fever – temperature of 100 or higher
- Cough and/or congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Living in the same household as a sick person with COVID-19.
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19.
- Being within 6-ft. of a sick person with COVID-19 for about 15 minutes
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a sick person with COVID-19.
- Stay home and protect other participants and staff. Wait to return until you have had no fever for at least 72 hours, other symptoms have improved, and at least 10 days have passed since their symptoms first appeared OR since the last exposure to COVID-19.
Face Coverings Required
- You must wear a face covering over your nose and mouth whenever not exercising. This includes walking into the facility, through all common areas, and walking to your piece of equipment. Face coverings are not required while you are working out, but are recommended by the DCEO.
- You must clean your equipment before and after your workout.
Be a good neighbor. With everyone following the guidelines and rules set forth, we are able to provide a safe and fun fitness experience.
- Staff are required to stay home if they are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Additionally, we’re avoiding close contact whenever possible. Please understand our staff are providing the best experience possible given limitations.
- All staff were required to participate in a District-wide COVID-19 Prevention Training and job specific safety training prior to returning to work.
- All employees are required to wear masks
Extra Enforcement of Hygiene
- Staff are increasing the frequency of their hand washing and disinfecting of common touch points.
- There will be hand sanitizing stations available at high touch areas, when you enter the Health & Fitness Center and also throughout the fitness floor.
- Foot-pulls have been installed on restroom doors to eliminate the touch point of door handles.
Facility Cleaning Protocols
- Staff is following cleaning protocols for public and staff areas to ensure safety, sanitation, and protective measures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of premises will be conducted in compliance with CDC protocols.
- A detailed plan, specific to the Health & Fitness Center, has been developed with detailed disinfecting procedures for each room and the items within.
- Common areas and surfaces that are touched by multiple people will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- Equipment wipe stations have been set up and spray bottles and towel stations will also be available.
- Machines and high touch point areas will be disinfected regularly.
Failure to Follow Guidelines
We care about your health! The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious. Please be respectful of staff and fellow patrons at all times. Failure to follow staff directives and the guidelines set forth will result in suspension of your privileges until further notice. The Park District may change and update guidelines and restrictions at any time.